Training and Workshop
Our training is a robust combination of theory and practicals designed specifically to empower our local scientists/technologists or even someone with a scientific background but curious enough to want the skills in molecular biology techniques. It takes the form of short but intensive courses that spans between 3 days to two weeks at the end of which you get a certificate of participation. For emphasis, we are particularly keen about the hands-on part of the training because we recognize the challenges involved in getting the requisite skills in molecular biology.
The courses will provide knowledge and skills in basic molecular biology techniques and bioinformatics, and so, it is ideal for individuals who need to carry out molecular biology work in their laboratories but lack the skills or the confidence or perhaps you are new to the field.
You should attend this course if:
- You need to update your laboratory skills or maybe you just changed job/role
- You are planning your PhD research or have already begun but looking to do some experiments in molecular biology.
- You are starting a molecular-biology-based projects and you need more experience
- You are considering a career in biotechnology and you need a crash course in molecular biology
- You are a researcher looking to do some experiments that involve molecular biology techniques but lack the technical skills.
- Accurately, safely and appropriately use all the equipment regularly used in DNA manipulation, including pipettes, electrophoresis and PCR machine.
- Prepare chemical solution and reagents to the precision appropriate to the task
- Demonstrate knowledge of the biochemical basis underpinning the molecular biology techniques taught in the workshop and more
- The courses are designed to provide a guarantee of excellence in molecular biology laboratory techniques such that participants become highly competent over the course of the training.
- Future or current employers will be assured that participants have the base of the knowledge required, and the requisite skills, needed to design and perform molecular biology experiments or techniques.